So, I don’t know about you – but I usually get about 10-15 random emails daily full of news headlines/random tips/weight loss tips/health news.. etc. etc. etc.
I don’t know how I got signed up for all this crap – but it fills my inbox nonetheless.
This morning, when I woke up and checked my email from bed (because of course, I am so important that I need to check my inbox upon waking. Duh.) I received this email with the following headlines:
- Quinoa’s Dark Secret
- If you believe in Science, don’t go Paleo.
- Does Taco Bell hate vegetables?
- Sorry, Your salad will make you sick – and that chicken might kill you
- There’s flame retardant in my Gatorade?!
Wow. Doesn’t that just make me want to go out into the world and live my life to the fullest. Minus the quinoa, Paleo diet (which by the way… Runner’s World continually sends me a “Paleo Diet for Athletes!” email) Taco Bell, salad and chicken AND Gatorade.
So. Being the snarky snarker that I am – I decided to write my own headlines.
- Paying too much attention to a healthy diet? Unhealthy.
- Life without chocolate? Who wants it.
- Sleeping more, and running less may make you live longer.
- You work too hard. Take a break.
- Sometimes Taco Bell is just the right choice.
- If aspartame is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
- Paleo Schmaleo. Eat those grains.
- Popcorn makes you live longer.
Don’t get me wrong, I love healthy living… but I don’t care about the “dark side of quinoa”. I think it’s fine if you want to drink a Gatorade. (I think a Diet Coke once in awhile is pretty dang good. I like my aspartame to be dark and carbonated.)
Sometimes, you’ve just got to live. And enjoy.
I’ve wasted way too many days caring about calorie counts, chemical counts, macro nutrients and the like.
As my mom says – life is for the living.